If you haven’t yet tried this relatively new Korean casual dining restaurant called Gangnam Wings located at SM Megamall, it’s about time you do so!
This 11-month-old Korean Fried Chicken Restaurant has been making a buzz around the Metro with its award-winning Authentic Korean Fried Chicken.
Gangnam Wings has been recently cited as the Best Authentic Korean Fried Chicken Restaurant in the country by the Golden Globes Annual Awards for Business Excellence; and has also been well-rated and reviewed by bloggers and food enthusiasts in the Metro.
In a Blind-Taste Test that was recently conducted, Gangnam Wings was compared to another brand to find out which Korean Fried Chicken is the best, and the result was 8 out of 10 in favor of Gangnam Wings.
I have personally tried all their chicken variants, and was actually surprised that indeed, their chicken flavors are far from the ordinary. I don’t want to sell this idea hard, because I still prefer that you go and try it for yourselves. We may have different taste, so I leave it up to you to find out whether or not Gangnam Wings is indeed “The Way Korean Fried Chicken Should Be.”
There’s plenty of reasons to love Gangnam Wings dishes, for one, they make it too easy for first-timers to fall in love with their Korean food varieties: I’m talking about the food flavors–sweet, salty, sour and spicy, and their extra-ordinary fusion of ingredients.
I have established some solid favorites from their menu, and it’s my sole reason for not being able to try the rest of their food offerings yet considering the number of times I’ve been in the store. I actually have more than 10 favorites, but to make things simple, let me tell you about my top 10 picks. In no particular order, here they are:
1. Yangpa Bomb (Onion Flower Bomb). This Onion Bomb is one of the best onion dish I’ve had in any restaurants here in Manila. It is presented in such a spectacular way that is so appetizing, it somehow looks like a blooming lotus flower, when you touch it you will feel the crispy crunchy skin. Wait ’til you try and dip it in on the 3 sauces that goes with it, overall, this is a real BOMB!
2. Beef Bulgogi Fries. This is truly a unique and healthier alternative to those instant fries that are sometimes loaded with cheese or sourcream flavors. The fries are topped with beef bulgogi, onion and chives, sesame seeds and kewpie mayonnaise.
3. Haemul Pajeon (Seafood & Green Onion Pancake) My new found fave Korean side dish is this Seafood Pancake which is not just positively oozing with flavor, as it seems, so healthy since it’s made of squid, prawns, green onion and chives and all other herbs that vegans will truly love!
4. Dry Spicy Noodle This hot and spicy dry noodle with cream, topped with cucumber and red chili flakes, plus popcorn chicken on the side. It maybe a bit too spicy but you can’t get enough of it once you try it.
5. Korean Fried Chicken. I can honestly say that nothing comes close to Gangnam Wings Korean Fried Chicken it is far different from most Korean Fried Chicken that I have tried in the Metro. My advise is for you to try all original variants: the Original Crispy; the Ganjang (Garlic Soya) and the Yangnyum (Sweet & Spicy). This is when you will be able to tell and appreciate the difference, and well, so you can decide which one really is your top pick. Betteryet, get the Goblin Wings, which has all 3 variants, ganjang, yangnyum and spicy yangnyum in one, make sure to order a dozen if you wish to share it, trust me you would want to finish the 6 pieces Goblin Wings yourself. You can thank me later!
6. Seafood Jjigae Overload is an assortment seafood with ingredients arranged nicely on top of a hot pot for an eye-catching visual appearance. But wait until you take the first sip that will give you a warm comforting feel.
7. Watermelon Bingsu is a traditional Korean dessert that is made of shaved ice, with sweetened condensed milk and red beans, topped with vanila ice cream. It is indeed a refreshing tropical dessert that will surely satisfy your sweet craving.
8. Rockmelon Bingsu. This Melon Bingsu is another guilt-free tropical dessert from Gangnam Wings that is worth trying. It is made of freshly scooped Rockmelon and shaved ice, condensed milk topped with vanilla ice cream. This, just like the watermelon bingsu is a popular Korean treat, especially enjoyed during the hot and humid summer months.
9. Oreo Bingsu. My little Hunter goes ga-ga over this Oreo Bingsu, each and everytime we order it, and I can’t blame her because I do too! Haha. This is definitely a YES especially for anyone who loves Oreo.
10. Korean Cocktail Drinks. The cocktail drinks are on-point, and it’s not just some liquor + mix, the combination seems very well thought of. My instant favorite is this Yakult Soju. Yes you read it right, Yakult with that lactobacilli shirota strains, combined with Korea’s favorite alcoholic beverage, the Soju. It may sound weird when I first heard about it, which obviously did not turn me off. This particular cocktail is an upturned soju + yakult margarita drink. I tried it and fell in love with it [please refer to my photo]!.
The Watermelon Soju. When you’re dining in with your buddies, this is the perfect cocktail mix for you. They call this Watermelon Soju–a guilt-free way to get alcoholic with your drinking buddies. Depending on your alcohol tolerance, you can add more soju to balance the booze and its fruity taste. This one we had didn’t have a hint of alcohol on it but it was nevertheless superb!
There you go, ladies and gents, my top 10++ Gangnam Wings fave! Hoping that you’d somehow take it from me…
Watch this YOUTUBE VIDEO that we made for Gangnam Wings.
For your Authentic Korean 🍗Fried Chicken and 🇰🇷Korean Food Cravings, visit🐔Gangnam Wings at The Megastrip Unit 1-114 UG/F Bldg. A (beside Domino’s & Starbucks) SM Megamall, Mandaluyong City, Philippines.
For delivery within Ortigas Center call 📱0977 130 0034,
Or via 🐼Food Panda within Metro Manila.
👍 Facebook: @GangnamWings
📷 Instagram: @GangnamWings
💻 Website: http://www.gangnamwings.strikingly.com
I am feeling a little generous today so I’m giving away Php500 worth of GANGNAM WINGS GIFT CERTIFICATE to 2 LUCKY WINNERS on December 1, 2017, click the Rafflecopter giveaway link below to join.
1. Just accomplish all rafflecopter tasks for more chances of winning, each task corresponds to a certain point.
used again by rafflecopter.
Join my give away by clicking this—–> a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thanks for supporting my giveaway, and for reading my blog!